Starting a new career search means navigating a dizzying amount of career opportunities and answering some tough questions. How do you capitalize on your biggest strengths to identify your career purpose? How do you set your career priorities and clarify your goals? How can you find a career that fulfills your interests and pays a living wage? Portland career coaches can help you determine the answers to these questions and elucidate your next career move.
Portland’s creative and collaborative work environment is home to dozens of career coaches who are eager to help you in your career journey. Use this guide to help you discover dozens of Portland career coaches who can help you grow your career and navigate this tight hiring market.
Meet 29 Portland Career Coaches, Resume Writers, & More!
A Portland Career – Dan Hahn
Twenty years ago, Vicki Lind began offering career transition and job search services in Portland. As the service blossomed, she started building a team with focused expertise to meet the needs of everyone from creatives and educators to technical innovators and executives. Now nearing retirement, Vicki has mentored new owner Dan Hahn for the past several years. He has built off of Vicki’s wisdom and continues to provide clients a dedicated team of career experts. They provide analysis, insight, and strategies for clients to strive for better career opportunities and best present themselves to them. We amassed an abundance of kind, stellar reviews on Yelp and Google. This is because A Portland Career allows you to select a service which best matches your career needs, style, values, and schedule.
- Connect with Dan on LinkedIn.
- Website: http://www.
- Listen to Dan Hahn’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Ask Counseling – Elaine Korngold
Elaine Korngold’s extensive background in high-tech gives her a unique career coaching perspective. Over the years she worked as a programmer-analyst, a software developer, a systems engineer, and a research scientist. Elaine knows firsthand the gender imbalance in the tech industry that women face. She offers counseling to empower women in tech, career changers, IT and business professionals, and anyone looking to clarify their career goals and find sources of career inspiration and motivation.
Career Factors – Marsha Warner
Marsha Warner’s career purpose is understanding the role of meaningful work in creating an authentic life. Marsha’s background in human resources and talent management gives her a unique lens to view hiring from both the job seeker and the employer perspective. Marsha focuses on coaching clients to understand their unique skills, aptitudes, values, strengths, interests, and life purpose. She is passionate about helping people identify their values and then creating a brand that expresses their priorities. Her approach is practical, authentic, and results driven.
- Connect with Marsha on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://www.careerfactors.com/
- Listen to Marsha Warner’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Career Makers – Peter Paskill
Since 1984, Peter has been helping job seekers navigate career transitions, with a slate of tailored services including one-on-one coaching, resume review, telecoaching and outplacement. Through his Career Makers courses, Peter walks you through skills assessment, job search techniques, and self marketing. With a suite of personalized services, Peter focuses on providing compassion, caring and empathy for job seekers and solving their specific problems and challenges.
- Connect with Peter on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://careermakers.com/
- Listen to Peter Paskill’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Christine LaPorte – PDX Career Coach
Christine LaPorte seeks to empower Portland creatives to make powerful connections and secure the salary they deserve. Before she started her career coaching services, Christine spent the first eighteen years of her career as a photo editor for Out magazine and Adidas, an interactive producer for Intel, and as a recruiter for Nike, Columbia Sportswear and R/GA.
- Connect with Christine on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://www.pdxcareercoach.com/
- Listen to Christine LaPorte’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Coaching for Clarity – Aubrie De Clerck
Aubrie De Clerck’s career journey took her from a role in IT with Nike, to working as a director of the internship program at a local nonprofit organization. After experiencing a layoff, Aubrie came to a career crossroads. She decided to pursue her passion of helping people find joy in their work. She’s been helping Portlanders discover their unique threads to unlock their next career for eleven years.
- Connect with Aubrie on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://www.coachingforclarity.net/
- Listen to Aubrie De Clerck’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Consulting With Integrity – Michelle Neal
Michelle Neal has over ten years of experience as a career coach. She’s helped professionals of all ages find job search success, from college students to mid-career professionals. Michelle values authenticity and provides support through honesty, transparency and humor. Her mission is to help job seekers unlock their best professional self.
- Connect with Michelle on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://consultingintegrity.com/
- Listen to Michelle Neal’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Dalena Bradley is a career marketing specialist, resume writer, and career coach. She has a background in executive recruiting and corporate communications. Eleven years ago, Dalena combined her communications and recruiting skills to start her own career coaching business. Her coaching is geared towards helping job seekers overcome common career barriers, including lacking self-confidence or having a weak professional brand. Dalena seeks to be a navigator and sounding board for professionals of all ages so they can feel more confident and clinch that coveted job offer.
- Connect with Dalena on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://dalenabradley.com/
- Listen to Dalena Bradley’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Decision Coaching – Ursina Teuscher, PhD
Ursina Teuscher uses a structured process to help people navigate difficult career decisions. Growing up in Switzerland, she obtained her professional license as a career counselor in 2000, as well as a PhD in Applied Psychology in 2004. After she moved to Portland, she started her private practice as a decision coach and career counselor in 2011. Ursina also teaches decision making classes at Portland State University. Aside from helping people find clarity in big decisions, she applies her expertise in neuroscience and behavioral economics to help clients increase personal productivity, manage work stress, and find healthy habits.
- Connect with Ursina on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://www.teuscher-coaching.com/career-counseling/
- Listen to Ursina Teuscher’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Feminista Careers – Jennifer Kass
Jennifer Kass helps women use their superpowers for good with a focus on those seeking more mission-driven careers in nonprofit, public service, education, and social impact jobs. She has 10 years of experience as a career coach, plus experience across a wide range of industries. Jennifer offers free and low-cost job search guides plus resume/LinkedIn reviews and career coaching. Free intro call.
- Connect with Jennifer on LinkedIn.
- Website: http://www.feministacareers.com/
- Listen to Jennifer Kass’ interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Find My Profession – Emily Wittig
Emily Wittig is a former recruiter with a people-first mindset whose primary focus is helping executives land their dream jobs through career coaching, resume writing, and LinkedIn development. Emily knows what hiring managers are looking for and uses this insider information to coach her clients into landing more job offers.
Full Bloom Career Academy – Jennifer Anderson
Jennifer Anderson has spent the last 15 years of her career coaching thousands of job seekers and showing them how to create a thriving career. With her company Full Bloom Academy, she’s dedicated to helping people discover their perfect work, and teaching entrepreneurs the secrets of launching a successful small business. As a professional certified career coach, Jennifer is also a trainer at Coach University and a faculty member of Portland Community College and the University of California at Davis.
- Connect with Jennifer on LinkedIn.
- Website: http://jenniferanderson.com/
- Listen to Jennifer Anderson’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Gail Nicholson has over three decades of experience in counseling, therapy, and career planning. Gail’s blend of personal and career counseling helps job seekers navigate challenges and discover new opportunities. Gail’s goal is to help people develop an understanding of who they are and where they belong in the larger community so they can find a great career and earn a living wage.
Impact Coaching – Pamela Leone
Pam is a trusted advisor who has coached & collaborated with leaders for 20 plus years across the nation. She has a proven track record of being an impactful leader and extremely effective communicator who partners with employees across all industries to provide clarity of goals, purpose and creative problem solving. As a Coach, she is dedicated to individuals and teams who want to be authentic and transformative in their world. Pam holds a master’s degree in Leadership from Multnomah University. She is a Certified Professional Career Coach as well as an Authorized DISC Administrator & Behavioral Consultant.
- Connect with Pam on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://impactcoaching.us/
- Listen to Pamela Leone’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
JobJenny – Jenny Foss
Jenny Foss’ career path led her from journalism, to the world of corporate marketing and public relations, and finally to a job in recruiting. Jenny’s understanding of hiring managers’ needs and writing, marketing, and branding skills gave her the perfect toolkit to start a career coaching website: JobJenny. With online courses, resume and LinkedIn kits, and one-on-one coaching services, JobJenny has everything you need to overcome your fears and embrace your next career.
- Connect with Jenny on LinkedIn.
- Website: http://www.jobjenny.com/
- Listen to Jenny Foss’ interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Panoramic Counseling – Julie Sliga
Julie Sliga has a 13-year background and Master’s degree in vocational rehabilitation counseling. Her counseling approach is holistic, practical, and lighthearted. Julie has helped 100s of employees navigate major career and life transitions—often due to illness or injury but also for existential reasons. She has extensive knowledge of the employment landscape in the Pacific Northwest and has worked with employees in every sector of the labor market. All services are individually tailored to meet your needs.
- Connect with Julie on Linkedin.
- Website: https://panoramicpdx.com/
- Listen to Julie Sliga’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
O+I Develop – Linda Williams Favero, M.S.
Linda Favero brings 30 years of experience developing individuals to reach their full potential with purpose and meaning. Her journey includes a decade at the University of Oregon’s Portland campus where she launched the alumni career services program. Now, Linda is a career coach and consultant at O+I Develop. She partners with individuals seeking career transitions and advancement and capitalizes on both a practical and integral approach. We bring our whole selves to our work lives, and it is critical to incorporate our mind, body, and heart as we discover what’s next.
- Connect with Linda on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://www.oidevelop.com/
- Listen to Linda Favero’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Made To Hire – Merryn Roberts-Huntley
Merryn Roberts-Huntley founded Made To Hire in 2017 to give job seekers the tools they need to understand how to market themselves for their dream jobs. Through her book, online courses, campus workshops, and one-on-one services, Merryn offers a suite of services designed to help job seekers define their personal brands and unlock their dream careers. Merryn has 17 years of business experience and ten years of coaching experience.
- Connect with Merryn on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://www.madetohire.com/
- Listen to Merryn Roberts-Huntley’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Mary Blalock has been coaching job seekers for six years, and along the way she’s helped people find jobs with a few of Oregon’s most highly sought after employers: Nike, Amazon, Microsoft, and Adidas. Mary’s coaching techniques are based on her belief that coaching can help people create lasting behavior changes in their lives and her background in recruiting. She’s dedicated to guiding job seekers so they can find work that brings them meaning. She’s also the host of Ladies Night PDX, a local event series that connects and empowers women.
- Connect with Mary on LinkedIn.
- Website: http://maryblalock.com/
- Listen to Mary Blalock’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Michelle Hynes is dedicated to helping leaders navigate planned and unplanned change. She specializes in assisting leaders, managers, and creative professionals who are making a career change, or who are rethinking their career priorities to find a better alignment or more work-life balance. Michelle’s coaching programs are three to four months long, and she offers in-person or virtual meetings via Skype or FaceTime.
- Connect with Michelle on LinkedIn.
- Website: http://www.michellehynes.com/
- Listen to Michelle Hynes’ interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Elizabeth Borelli, PCC
Elizabeth Borelli’s degree in psychology and multiple certifications in coaching, communications and wellness are the foundation of her services. She works to help job seekers go from feeling invisible to invincible and develop a brand that aligns with their inner truth and speaks to the world. Elizabeth uses a combination of one-on-one coaching calls and easy-to-follow success maps to tailor her coaching to each job seeker.
- Connect with Elizabeth on LinkedIn.
- Website: www.ElizabethBorelli.com
- Listen to Elizabeth Borelli’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Northwest Coaching Group
Northwest Coaching Group offers executive coaching, leadership coaching, business coaching, and personalized one-on-one coaching services. A team of seven women, Northwest Coaching Group also hosts peer groups and workshops to help business owners find support and navigate the process of constructing a business plan.
- Website: https://northwestcoachinggroup.com/
Paige Webster Coaching
Paige Webster founder her career coaching in 2015. Paige’s approach is rooted in the belief that life is too short to be stuck in a job you hate, and you can find a career that brings you joy and fulfillment. Paige works with job seekers one-on-one to clarify their core values and career dreams, identify their strengths, set goals and an action plan to achieve them, and provide support and ongoing guidance to follow through.
- Connect with Paige on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://www.paigewebstercoaching.com/
- Listen to Paige Webster’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Pathfinder Careers – Dawn Rasmussen
Dawn Rasmussen is a career coach and certified resume writer. She’s also the president of Pathfinder Writing and Career Services. Dawn brings a highly-focused and results-oriented approach to reviewing resumes, crafting cover letters, and coaching job seekers. In addition to her career coaching services, Dawn is also a frequent presenter and national speaker at colleges and universities on career management topics.
- Connect with Dawn on LinkedIn.
- Website: http://pathfindercareers.com/
- Listen to Dawn Rasmussen’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Rachel Beohm has spent a decade of her career working in communications. In her work, Rachel trains executives, HR professionals, speakers, and job seekers. Her sessions are focused on helping professionals present themselves powerfully through the use of nonverbal communication skills. Rachel’s coaching packages include a preliminary phone interview, analysis of a written questionnaire to gauge your needs, three 60-minute one-on-one sessions, and email support through the duration of the package.
- Connect with Rachel on LinkedIn.
- Website: http://rachelbeohm.com/
- Listen to Rachel Beohm’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Resume Horse – Ursala Garbrecht
Ursala Garbrecht uses a collaborative approach to help clients connect with their accomplishments and articulate their unique strengths to potential employers. With experience in higher education coaching and employee relations, Ursala brings a foundation of helping clients feel empowered. With over a decade working with Career Counselor Vicki Lind, Ursala has extensive experience supporting job seekers across industries, sectors, and jobs to navigate their transition into more satisfying and value-aligned roles.
Resume Scripter – Andrea Gerson
Andrea Gerson is a professional resume writer and career coach, who has spent the last decade of her career helping job seekers shine a spotlight on their professional talents. Andrea’s experience with relaunching her own career made her realize how difficult it can be to create positive change. As a result, she launched her business Resume Scripter in 2011. Since then, Andrea has worked directly with nearly 5,000 professionals to secure competitive roles. She has dedicated her career to helping job seekers who feel stuck rediscover their potential and exceed their own expectations.
- Connect with Andrea on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://www.resumescripter.com/
- Listen to Andrea Gerson’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Spark Career Counseling – Kristin Schuchman
Kristin Schuchman uses her combination of personal branding, counseling, and coaching skills to help creatives, solopreneurs, and changemakers. Kristin’s background in branding gave her the tools to help clients package their skills, and her master’s degree in social work gives her the expertise to help clients see past self-limiting beliefs. Her holistic approach is focused on guiding job seekers so they can overcome past barriers to success, including stress, anxiety, low self-esteem, and past work trauma.
- Connect with Kristin on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://www.sparkacareer.com/
- Listen to Kristin Schuchman’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Stacey Lane worked in the corporate world for fifteen years. On her way home from a happy hour consultation, she had an epiphany. She realized that if she could get paid to do anything her dream job would be coaching and consulting job seekers. Stacey believes that there’s no magic formula for selecting your dream job. But, she does know that most career paths are not linear and an outside perspective can open new doors in your career journey.
- Connect with Stacey on LinkedIn.
- Website: http://www.staceylane.net/
- Listen to Stacey Lane’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Susanne Aronowitz specializes in helping legal professionals identify career paths and growth opportunities. Through her coaching programs, Susanne focuses on helping job seekers find new momentum in their careers. Her coaching process is tailored to each job seeker’s needs and goals, including strategic guidance on crafting effective application materials and leveraging their strengths to network authentically.
- Connect with Susanne on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://www.susannearonowitz.com/
- Listen to Susanne Aronowitz’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Talence Group – Gina Riley
Gina specializes in providing leadership level career transition and personal brand coaching to job seekers. Her technique is focused on transforming her clients’ approach to their career development and helping job seekers build a sustainable tools that last their entire career. Before working as a career coach and executive search consultant for Talence Group, Gina worked at Intel for a decade in roles ranging from HR and talent acquisition to training and development.
- Connect with Gina on LinkedIn.
- Website: https://www.talencegroup.com/
- Listen to Gina Riley’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Three Questions Consulting – Bruce Hazen
As a career coach for over 19 years, Bruce Hazen’s technique relies on helping job seekers answer three key questions. First, when is it time to move up? Second, when is it time to move out? And third, when is it time to adapt your style for greater
Success? Bruce works with early career, mid-career, or senior professionals to develop tactical action plans that respond to these three essential questions.
- Connect with Bruce on LinkedIn.
- Website: http://www.threequestionsconsulting.com/
- Listen to Bruce Hazen’s interview on Find Your Dream Job, the weekly podcast from Mac’s List, or read the transcript.
Trailhead Counseling – Aaron Good
Whether you’re a recent college grad, a mid-career professional, or a retiree, Aaron Good offers career counseling services for every stage of your career. Aaron began his career in IT, where he managed enterprise systems and found creative solutions to problems. He found a career in counseling after volunteering at a suicide hotline, an experience that changed his perspective and gave him an outlet to channel his compassion and kindness into a human-centered counseling approach. Aaron believes anyone can overcome their fears and find meaning and growth in their career.