In today’s workforce, women face unique and ever-evolving challenges. It helps to have other working women in your life to share struggles, brainstorm ideas, and help each other with career opportunities and advice. Build a strong “inner circle” of fellow female professionals, and you’ll reap a community that will help advance your career for years to come. But how do you meet these people? Start by getting involved, and showing up in spaces with other working women. Women’s networking groups are a simple place to start! If you’re in Seattle, we’ve compiled a list of six groups that host regular events for women at work.
Business and Professional Women (BPWA)
As a nonprofit organization, Business and Professional Women (BPWA) strives to empower women personally, professionally, and politically. The membership-based organization has a goal to achieve equity for all women in the workplace. Local BPWA chapters in the Seattle area host monthly meetings where you can learn about their training and leadership development opportunities.
- Keep in touch: @bpw.wa
- Connect: Attend a local monthly meeting to find out more about the organization and explore becoming a member. Members take part in an array of educational workshops, networking events, speaker series, and mentorship opportunities.
Women Business Owners
For nearly 50 years, Women Business Owners has helped women entrepreneurs in Seattle develop their networks while connecting them with educational opportunities and resources. If you want to connect with seasoned entrepreneurs and support a women-owned business community, this is the organization for you. Join this membership-based community to access business seminars, a speaker series, and leadership development opportunities.
- Keep in touch: LinkedIn
- Connect: Expand your network and participate in monthly events by joining Women Business Owners.
Washington Women’s Foundation
With a vision of changing the course of women’s philanthropy through the power of collective giving, Washington Women’s Foundation inspires hundreds of women to be active leaders in philanthropy. The foundation has hosted a variety of events, including educational forums, skill-building workshops, nonprofit visits, and community celebrations. You can check out one of the foundation’s free monthly Transforming Together events or consider becoming a member.
- Keep in touch: Facebook
- Connect: Attend an event and learn more about joining the foundation. You can also support the Washington Women’s Foundation by giving a one-time donation.
At the core of Ellevate is the idea that when ambitious professional women are able to access more opportunities, everyone benefits. The active Seattle chapter is among a global, cross-industry network of professional women committed to helping each other succeed. Ellevate Seattle has a membership model and hosts a variety of educational webinars and networking events.
- Keep in touch: Ellevate Seattle
- Connect: Check out Ellevate Seattle’s latest events and webinars and consider joining as a member. With a variety of online and in-person opportunities, there are a number of ways to connect with the network.
Women in Cloud
Women in Cloud is a community-led initiative that supports female entrepreneurs in tech. With a mission to inspire, empower, and accelerate the growth of women-led technology companies, the initiative provides partnership opportunities, programs and alliances that advance the success of women in tech. Along with their network, Women in Cloud offers an immersive six-month business accelerator program and features an annual summit.
- Keep in touch: @womenincloud
- Connect: Get involved with Women in Cloud by signing up to join their network. If you’re interested in a deeper commitment, you can also become a mentor, volunteer, or sponsor.
More Events for Seattle’s Professional Women
Now, you can start building a strong network of Seattle connections and mentors by attending events and getting involved with these local women’s networking groups. This is just a small sample of the networking organizations for women in Seattle. Here are some suggestions to find other groups:
- MeetUp features an array of professional women’s groups in the Seattle area for women of all ages and backgrounds.
- LinkedIn offers “Networking 102 + Best Networking Groups for Women: Seattle Edition.”
- Eventbrite can be a good source for women’s networking events in Seattle.
- The Women’s Business Center has some great networking options on its events page.
- Seattle Women in Business for Good offers gatherings and events for members.