Fundraising and Event Intern
The Dougy Center
Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: open until filled
Industry: Event Planning, Fundraising, Nonprofit
Type: Part Time
The Dougy Center seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with our development efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience in various aspects of fundraising and event logistics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in planning and implementation of events (annual Auction, community fundraisers)
• Data entry into Abila and Greater Giving Database. Data is gathered through research and direct communication via email, phone, and meetings
• Helping with processing and supporting annual Raffle sales program
• Taking notes at Auction committee meetings (monthly), meeting follow-up
• Will ideally attend weekly Development meetings
• Potential opportunities to represent The Dougy Center through working with sponsors, donors and helping out with third party events
• Other tasks as assigned by development department
• Strong reading and writing skills
• Computer literate (including knowledge of Microsoft Office and Social Media)
• Able to communicate in a professional manner with donors and other partners
• Interested in obtaining valuable experience by learning fundraising in a nonprofit environment
• Strong time management skills
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds
Misc: Unpaid position. May be applicable for college credit. Must consent to a background check. May include occasional weekends and evenings
Timeline: Internship commitment through May 2017. Hours flexible and dependent on schedule.
How to Apply: Please contact Special Event Coordinator Rebecca Sturges at email@example.com or 503-542-4827.