Housing Services Assistant
SECOND STEP HOUSING
Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: open until filled
Industry: Nonprofit, Social Services
Type: Part Time
JOB TITLE: Housing Services Assistant
REPORTS TO: Sr. Housing Services Specialist
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-Exempt 20-25/ Hours Week
The Housing Services Assistant will be responsible for assisting in maintaining client files are in compliance with program eligibility and funder eligibility. Help in preparing files for new clients and assisting with quarterly and annual re-certifications. This position ensures that agency maintenance of data in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) meets or exceeds requirements.
Work in a team environment
Work with the Sr. Housing Services Specialist to ensure compliance of client files.
HMIS data entry requirements.
Perform Annual and Quarterly income re-certifications.
Perform other duties as assigned.
If you are passionate about improving the quality of life for older adults and exemplify a values based approach to your work, demonstrating integrity, credibility, consistency, strong team orientation, and outstanding communication, we welcome your application!
The business and social environment we operate in has changed. To thrive, we must incorporate new ways of thinking and embrace new practices. We seek to be transparent when possible. As part of our individual and agency cultural change process, it is critical that all employees of Second Step Housing aspire to the following:
A commitment to the agency’s mission, vision, and values;
A commitment to excellence in everything we do;
A commitment to outcomes and measured results;
A commitment to innovation and to what is possible.
Education, Experience & Skills Required
1. Associates degree or work experience working in related field highly desirable.
2. Experience in non-profit agency working with vulnerable adults and homeless programs.
3. Demonstrated attention to detail of contracts and overall quality of reporting.
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
5. Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude with clients and co-workers. Ability to work closely with other employees to ensure positive, constructive environment within the program or department, and throughout the agency.
6. Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach.
7. Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
This job description is provided as a general summary of common job duties performed by individuals assigned this job title. It is not all-inclusive, nor is it intended to create a contract, written or implied, between employees and Second Step Housing, nor does it in any way alter the employment-at-will relationship that exists between employees and Second Step Housing. As a condition of employment, all agency employees are expected to perform job duties assigned by agency management even when such duties are not included in their job description.
Second Step Housing is seeking qualified applicants to join our team as our "Housing Services Assistant"
If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an employment application. Once complete, please submit a cover letter, resume and a complete application to:
Drop off at our offices located at:
2500 Main Street, Suite 120
Vancouver, WA 98660
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Information not posted