Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: 3/16/2017
Industry: Business, Finance, Nonprofit
Type: Part Time
Resolutions Northwest Bookkeeper/Financial Administrator
The primary purpose of this half time position is to provide fiscal and administrative support to the Executive Director and other staff members. Bookkeeping and other financial duties include writing checks, making deposits, invoicing, reconciling and managing bank, credit card and Paypal accounts, and generating monthly fiscal reports.
In addition, the position manages all personnel systems, including payroll, time cards, health insurance, unemployment insurance and retirement plans. It also assists with special projects and events, sets up systems to manage fundraising event registration, orders supplies, processes payments and donations, and generates receipts and thank you notes for the signature of the Executive Director.
1. Minimum of 3 years of bookkeeping experience in a non-profit
2. Excellent grasp of fiscal management principles and practices.
Skills & Areas of Knowledge
1. Excellent communication (written and oral), analytical and presentation skills.
2. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
3. Knowledge of principles and practices of personnel and benefits systems.
4. Ability to prioritize among multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines; strong organizational and time management skills.
5. Ability to work independently.
6. Ability to keep sensitive information confidential both inside and outside the organization.
7. Excellent computer skills including Excel, Outlook and financial management databases, with a strong preference for Peachtree for Non-Profits, and donor database CiviCRM.
8. Excellent skills in navigating payroll and retirement systems (preferably ADP) and managing health insurance and benefits packages.
Physical Demands: Ability to execute physical activities required to perform the responsibilities including, but not limited to, regular standing, sitting and typing, continuous talking and listening in person and on the phone.
Work Environment: This position will work in a traditional office setting at a desk with a computer and a phone. You will usually worked a fixed schedule, but there will be times (e.g.: when quarterly reports are due and when the 990 has to be prepared) when hours will vary.
Resolutions Northwest empowers individuals and communities to resolve conflict, advance racial and social justice, engage in collaborative communication, and repair harm. Resolutions Northwest embraces excellence through diversity, advocates the principles and spirit of affirmative action and is strongly committed to the promotion of race, gender, ability and class equity through our hiring process. Candidates from traditionally disenfranchised communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to Debra@resolutionsnorthwest.org
Thank you for your interest.
Commensurate with experience