Labor Relations Partner (Human Resources)
Location: Vancouver, WA
Closing Date: open until filled
Industry: Human Resources, Nonprofit, Legal
Type: Full Time
PeaceHealth is seeking a Labor Relations Partner, located in Vancouver, Washington (minutes from Portland, Oregon!).
Our ideal candidate has:
- Labor relations experience: basic understanding of NLRB actions (unfair labor practices, elections), some negotiations experiences, grievance handling, and arbitration preparation.
- Employee Relations experience: basic HR knowledge and skills, understanding of labor and employment laws
- Health care industry experience
We offer you the chance to expand your HR experience and gain some valuable Labor Relations experience with a considerable amount of diversity in assignments, from bargaining contracts to handling Board charges, to preparing for arbitrations.
Our team enjoys an amazing variety in our work, and no two days will be the same! We have a number of new contracts to bargain and old ones to renegotiate. The team will provide considerable support and mentoring, and this job could be a stepping stone to a promotional opportunities within PeaceHealth. This role interacts with a large service area, in a large company setting, with innumerable labor and employee relations issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Labor Relations, Human Resources, Business Administration, or other relevant discipline; Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of HR experience as an HR Partner, HR Consultant, or Labor Relations Specialist, preferably in the health care industry
- Experience with grievances, arbitration and negotiations as it pertains to collective bargaining agreements. PHR/SHRM-CP, SPHR/SHRM-SCP, or JD preferred
This role is located in Vancouver, Washington- part of the Portland, Oregon metro area. We enjoy the best of urban amenities, and access to world-class recreational fun as well.
Any direction you look, the scenery is astounding – snowcapped mountains, nationally protected evergreen forests, the waterfall-laced Columbia River Gorge, and rugged Pacific-coast beaches – all within a short 90-minute drive!
We offer competitive compensation, relocation assistance, and a robust benefits package.
Please apply online to be considered. Visit jobs.peacehealth.org, search for job#140640.
You may email Recruitment@peacehealth.org with any questions (please note: this email does not accept resumes or applications). Thank you for your interest!
PeaceHealth is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.