Annual Giving Manager
Oregon Zoo Foundation
Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: open until filled
Industry: Fundraising, Management, Nonprofit
Type: Full Time
Title: Annual Giving Manager
Reports to: Interim Director of Development
Hours: Full-time, non-exempt
By amplifying the Oregon Zoo's accomplishments in conservation, education and animal welfare, the Oregon Zoo Foundation ignites interest and investment in a better future for wildlife. The annual giving manager plays a key role in generating unrestricted revenue from individual donors. This position is responsible for developing, planning and implementing a comprehensive annual giving program that will increase participation in the Oregon Zoo Foundation’s annual fund, including the Conservation Circle Giving Society.
• Coordinates a comprehensive annual fund program designed to broaden the foundation’s donor base and increase unrestricted donations.
• Oversees all annual fund program elements, including direct mail, electronic requests and proactive direct solicitation. Manages vendor contracts and associated budgets for these efforts.
• Manages fundraising goals, objectives, strategies, schedules, and analysis of results for each element of the annual fund.
• Manages the Conservation Circle Giving Society for donors of $1,000+, including tracking donor acquisition, renewals and memberships.
• Works with varied stakeholders at the foundation and the zoo to manage Conservation Circle donor cultivation and stewardship events from pre-planning through event logistics to final report out.
• Identifies annual fund donors and prospects between the $250 and $1,000 giving level, with a focus on increasing annual gifts and recruiting new members to the Conservation Circle Giving Society.
• Coordinates follow-up stewardship actions for all new and renewing Conservation Circle donors, making recommendations for movement to major gift prospect tracking where appropriate.
• Works with the communications coordinator and other staff to coordinate a cohesive marketing effort to increase annual gifts through advertising, publications and events.
• Drafts content for printed, electronic and verbal script materials.
• Supervises the development coordinator.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Oregon Zoo’s programs and priorities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of three years’ development experience with a proven record in increasing revenue.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Enthusiastic can-do attitude, flexibility and the ability to excel in a team environment.
• Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
• Possessing good judgment and strong ethics.
• Proficiency in using a computer database and PC software required. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software a plus.
• Commitment to the Oregon Zoo’s mission.
Commensurate with experience
The Oregon Zoo Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested candidates please send resume, cover letter, references and salary expectations to OZFemployment@oregonzoo.org. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. We will accept application materials until the position is filled. We intend to contact qualified applicants but cannot promise any applicant an individual contact.
Commensurate with experience