Oregon Latino Health Coalition
Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: open until filled
Industry: Health Care, Management, Nonprofit
Type: Full Time
The Oregon Latino Health Coalition (OLHC) is a statewide health advocacy organization whose mission is to shape and inform public policy that reduces health disparities and builds leadership within Latino and immigrant communities across Oregon.
The Deputy Director reports to the Executive Director and provides leadership, management, and oversight to the implementation of the OLHC Mission, Vision, and Values. A passion for the mission and commitment to community-led health equity work and building an egalitarian, sustainable, multi-disciplinary community organization are essential.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to assume leadership role, work collaboratively, understand teamwork in an organization with a small staff, and achieve concrete results.
- Willingness and ability to take initiative, set goals, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate and promote high standards of excellence and quality of work.
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse people, cultures, and programs.
Organizational Development and Management
- Effective strategic planning, program evaluation, and project management skills.
- Ability to analyze and establish effective and supportive cross-program coordination, organizational procedures, and management systems.
- Strong grant research, development, management, and reporting experience.
- Staff development and performance appraisal experience, including building cohesive teams, effectively monitoring performance, providing constructive feedback, and encouraging others to achieve at their highest levels.
- Budgeting, financial management, and policies and procedures oversight experience.
- Coordinating fundraising planning and implementing strategies to increase private donor giving.
Communications and Outreach
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Track record of building strong connections in a community.
- Ability to communicate with, energize, and support a Board of Directors.
- Effective service as organizational representative to colleagues, clients, coalition partners, community members, and donors.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- MBA, MPA, MSW, MPH or other advanced degree
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible managerial experience in a nonprofit organization
- Experience with organizational leadership, strategic planning, program evaluation, grant management, budgeting and financial tracking and analysis, and staff development
- Bilingual, (Spanish) bicultural preferred
Send a cover letter, resume and a list of references. At a minimum list three references; one of the references must be a past or current employer. In your cover letter, please tell us how your personal and professional background informs why you are interested in working for OLHC. Please, highlight your experience in conducting outreach with/within Latino, immigrant or communities of color.
Send resume, cover letter and list of references to Alberto Moreno at email@example.com with the heading of Deputy Director.
Applications and interviews will be reviewed and scheduled on a rolling basis.
OLHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, LGBTQ and people of color to apply.