Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: open until filled
Industry: Fundraising, Health Care
Type: Full Time
OHSU on the forefront of tackling the most significant health care challenges of our time. From seeking to end cancer as we know it, to creating a vaccine to cure HIV, to eliminating preventable blindness, OHSU is ambitiously pursuing its mission to transform human health. And the OHSU Foundation is a key partner in that mission, charged with raising the philanthropic support necessary to turn bold ideas into new treatments and cures that can save countless lives. And thousands of donors continue to help us dream big and act boldly in pursuit of that mission.
We successfully completed the Knight Cancer Challenge, raising over $1 Billion in under 2 years to go after the biggest unmet need in cancer care today: early detection of lethal cancers.
We are seeking a results driven Development Coordinator to strategically coordinate all support activities and projects and manage workflow for development team members. This role will co-support the foundation communications team. A candidate with basic design, digital and editing experience is highly desirable.
The foundation offers very competitive benefits: comprehensive health plan, generous paid time off, volunteer time off, tuition reimbursement and an exceptional pension plan. Our Portland office is conveniently located downtown and is accessible by all forms of public transit and several freeways.
Qualifications and Experience
• Excellent written communications skills; ability to prepare formal minutes, meeting notes, and general correspondence for executive signature
• Working knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation to compose and edit business documents and materials and to create professional letters, spreadsheets, and presentations
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to interact professionally, diplomatically and productively with colleagues and contacts at all levels
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; advanced skills preferred
• Experience in using standard communications and project management/software tools including InDesign, Smartsheet, Luminate, Drupal and Common Spot preferred
• Ability to develop, organize, implement, and maintain office procedures and systems
• Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge or similar database preferred
• Ability to deal with confidential information
• Knowledge of OHSU, higher education, or non-profit environment preferred
• Ability to take initiative, be self-directed, and prioritize multiple tasks
• Ability to develop, organize and implement office procedures and systems
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Ability to identify creative solutions that work and fall within constraints (time, budget, quality)
• Ability to coordinate and manage various projects and tasks while regularly consulting with appropriate sources to ascertain status of projects in progress and troubleshooting, making adjustments, and meeting deadlines
• Ability to work well with others in a dynamic & interdependent team environment
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
• 3-4 years’ experience supporting a senior staff position or executive preferred
• Non-profit, foundation, or university experience preferred
Attach a cover letter and resume to your online application
Information not posted