Patient Education and Access Internship (unpaid)
National Psoriasis Foundation
Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: open until filled
Industry: Health Care, Nonprofit, Social Services
Type: Part Time
The National Psoriasis Foundation is seeking a motivated, organized individual for an unpaid internship to assist in providing patient services and support for a national health care nonprofit.
The National Psoriasis Foundation’s Patient Navigation Center is a resource and support center for people affected by psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. This internship position would support the work of the Patient Navigation Center and the resources available to assist psoriatic disease patients.
This internship is open for summer 2017, 8 – 12 hours per week, with the possibility of continuing through the school year pending mutual agreement and interest.
• Research healthcare resources for psoriatic disease patients from across the country
• Research community-based resources for prescription assistance and maintain listings in internal staff resource website
• Support the work of Patient Navigators in helping patients overcome barriers to care
• Develop resources and knowledge base around health insurance utilization, including appeals and exceptions, for individuals with Medicaid and Medicare coverage
• Actively enrolled in or a recent graduate of a college degree program, preferably in community health or health promotion
• Knowledge of community health and interest in nonprofit work and social services
• Solid knowledge of English grammar and punctuation
• Strong writing skills and ability to write clearly and effectively
• Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team, take initiative and follow guidelines
• Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
The National Psoriasis Foundation is the world's largest nonprofit organization serving people with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Our mission is to drive efforts to cure psoriatic disease and improve the lives of those affected.
To apply for the internship, please send your resume and cover letter to: HR, National Psoriasis Foundation, 6600 SW 92nd Ave, Suite 300, Portland, OR 97223, Fax 503.245.0626, email email@example.com.