Senior Director of Finance
NIRSA - Leaders in Collegiate Recreation
Closing Date: open until filled
Type: Full Time
NIRSA is a leader in higher education and the advocate for the advancement of recreation, sport, and wellness by providing educational and developmental opportunities, generating and sharing knowledge, and promoting networking and growth for our members.
We are currently looking for a Senior Director of Finance to be a part of our executive team.
We do everything on behalf of our members. They inspire us to do better every day. We believe in our team and in teamwork. We value the concept of team as a necessity for striving towards goals.
In this role you will provide strategic and tactical administration of the accounting and finance functions for the Association and its related entities; provide planning, development and implementation of strategic projects as assigned, and may act on behalf of the Executive Director, internally and externally, as requested, in her absence.
You are responsible for financial administration for the NIRSA, NIRSA Foundation and NIRSA Services Corporation, ensuring compliance with GAAP and other applicable standards. You will manage and process payroll, manage and develop accounting staff, and serve as facilities manager.
In addition, you will also be responsible for management of the IT function for the organization by managing and developing IT staff and overseeing major IT projects.
The Senior Director of Finance is a member of the executive team whose primary responsibility is to ensure effective internal operation of the organization, manage evolution of the organizational structure, and ensure operations, policies and procedures are best positioned to support the needs of the organization and its constituents.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
• A BA in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, or related field. CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
• A minimum of five (5) years of financial management experience at the executive level with a proven track record of working effectively with accounting and non-accounting personnel.
• Experience in account reconciliations, financial statement preparation, forecasting, cash flow monitoring, and payroll.
• Experience with budget development and monitoring.
• Experience managing the IT function for an organization.
• Strong computer skills, including competence with Microsoft Office and above average excel skills, and prior experience effectively using complex accounting software systems.
• Impressive written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task with limited supervision.
• A proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and be able to work in a team environment to produce results in cooperation with fellow team members.
• The ability to support NIRSA Headquarters Staff Core Values: We Innovate; We Are All Leaders; We Are Positive; We Embody Wellness; We Are A Team
This is a full-time position and is eligible for medical/dental/vision benefits, time off, as well as a 14% 401(k) contribution after 1 year of service during the plan year.
We work and play hard. We have an onsite fitness facility, enjoy yoga twice a week, walking breaks, and multiple team building activities throughout the year.
Final offer is contingent upon passing a background check.
To find out more about our organization, please visit our website at www.nirsa.org
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Karin Main, Director of HR at email@example.com