Security & Safety Manager
Multnomah Athletic Club
Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: open until filled
Industry: Management, Nonprofit, Other
Type: Full Time
Join one of the nation’s finest private athletic clubs in developing, implementing and maintaining our safety, security, and transportation strategies, policies and procedures. We are looking for a critical thinker with strong problem solving and relationship skills and a customer service orientation to join our team.
In this role you will be responsible for leading club wide safety, security and transportation initiatives for members, guests and staff. You will work closely with our executive leadership and customer service teams to help us minimize hazards and reduce risk of injury and material losses. You will manage MAC’s emergency response programs and administer our transportation and parking programs. Additionally you will assist with safety and security breach, as well as club rule violation, investigations and make recommendations for improvement in all areas.
• Five years related security and safety management experience.
• Bachelor degree required, preferably in criminal justice administration, safety, or related field.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
• Knowledge of best security and safety practices and theories.
• Broad knowledge of OSHA, Oregon and Federal safety laws; 30 hour OSHA general industry certification.
• Possession of current CPR and first aid certifications.
• Knowledge of Workers Compensation regulations and claims requirements and procedures.
• Ability to manage external security and parking contractors and budgets.
• Exceptional decision making and problem solving skills.
• Ability to analyze situations and adopt a quick, effective, and reasonable course of action particularly under stressful conditions.
• Ability to be successful in a customer service oriented environment.
• Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively and courteously with members, guests, and staff and contractors.
• Ability to write clear, accurate reports and the development of pertinent policies.
• Ability to enforce Club Rules fairly and respectfully.
• Proficient computer skills including MS Office.
The Multnomah Athletic Club offers a competitive salary and benefits. All MAC employees receive benefits such as: free parking, discounted public transportation passes, 401(K) retirement program with employer match, Employee Assistance Program, facility use and discounted services and meals throughout club. Full-time employees may choose from a comprehensive health & welfare benefits package.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information not posted