Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program Director
Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: 4/12/2017
Industry: Government, Management, Public Affairs
Type: Full Time
The Office of Chief Operating Officer (COO) seeks a forward-thinking and dynamic leader to guide Metro's groundbreaking work to advance equity in our region, create a more diverse, dynamic and welcoming workplace, and to ensure all of the people of the Portland Metropolitan Region are included in the decisions that affect their lives . We are recruiting for a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Program Director to guide our work in making this region – and our agency – a great place for all today and for generations to come
The DEI Program Director will:
• make high level policy and procedural recommendations
• manage and oversee program staff
• serve as an expert program resource;
• provide training and technical assistance to agency staff; and
• represent Metro in meetings with outside agencies regarding program issues. This position will work closely with senior staff, leadership, and the COO on policy, community engagement, or programs to better provide for equitable delivery of services as well as improved internal organizational and cultural equity.
The position reports to the COO and is located at the Metro Regional Center in Portland, Oregon.
Metro hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive. Metro employees are guided by the shared values of public service, excellence, teamwork, sustainability, innovation and respect. We work hard every day to make our region a great place. Now, you can too.
• Seven to ten years of experience in public or non-profit administration;
• Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business, Human Resources or related field;
• Two to five years of demonstrated experience in advancing equity or implementing diversity initiatives through leadership and management practices (volunteer and advocacy work will be considered); or
• Any combination of education and experience which provide the candidate with the skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Metro accepts job applications online. If you need assistance or accommodation with your application, or access to a computer, call 503-797-1570.
$111,485.00 - $161,649.00 Annually