Marketing Graphic Designer
Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: open until filled
Industry: Design, Marketing, Nonprofit
Type: Part Time
Graphic Designer for Yogathon and Living Yoga Marketing Campaigns
This internship will work collaboratively with our Development Director on strategy, asset planning, and communications, and work more independently on asset design and production. We are a small nonprofit with five staff members. All work is put into use immediately.
This position will:
• Develop concepts and graphic assets, web-based graphics, and newsletter designs, based on provided design briefs.
o Assets needed include, but are not limited to, event posters, sponsor posters, flyers and information cards, brochure, studio and partner site posters, magazine ads, social media posts, and newsletters.
• Work with organization staff to develop branding campaign concepts, specifically for our upcoming Yogathon fundraising campaign
• Design a fresh newsletter template and other communication templates for future use
• Strategize website redesign
• Create a digital marketing/social media campaign strategy
• Provide Yogathon event support
• Assist with evaluating social media and communication analytics
The ideal Intern:
• Is available to work approximately 10-15 hours per week, including at least 3 hours per week in the Living Yoga office on SW Macadam in Portland. Additional hours can be worked remotely, as agreed upon.
• Is available for 10-16 weeks total, including February through April. The internship can begin as early as January and go beyond April, as needed or agreed upon. Schedule is flexible.
• Is a self-starter and able to work independently and meet deadlines
• Is a collaborator and works well with team members
• Is flexible and willing to offer new ideas and options, as well as work within budget or capacity limitations
• Has expertise in graphic design and access to their own computer and design software
• Has interest in and experience with social media marketing
Helpful but not required attributes and skills include:
• Photography skills and willing to serve as event photographer and social media manager at Living Yoga events
• Nonprofit marketing and communication skills and interests
• Copywriting experience
• Experience with constant contact and website software
Please send a cover letter and your portfolio to email@example.com
Please also include what your time availability is and what other projects or workload you expect to have, in addition to the internship, between January and May, 2017.
Information not posted