HACIENDA COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: 2/9/2017
Industry: Finance, Nonprofit
Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for various accounting functions of the organization, including accounts receivable, payroll, and month-end closing. The position also provides significant support to the CFO in monitoring the grants and contracts of the Organization, and he/she will be responsible for maintaining files for property financials, audits and tax returns. The Senior Accountant works closely with the Chief Financial Officer.
1. Primary Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Create invoices for grants and contracts – verify proper coding.
• Create invoices for commercial tenants, including utility bill backs.
• Code and input record of cash receipts – verify with bank receipts and Executive Assistant’s log.
• Assist program managers with budget-to-actual reports.
• Review all check deposits logged by Executive Assistant.
• Reconcile check and cash deposit logs with General Ledger cash receipts.
• Verify funding sources and program coding from timesheets to payroll master.
• Input payroll information into payroll software.
• Download GL interface file and verify information agrees to service provider PR reports.
• Upload GL interface payroll info to MIP for subsequent review by CFO.
• Key month-end journal entries.
• Assist with year-end reconciliations.
• Assist with fixed asset accounting.
• Assist with preparation of audit schedules for HCDC and its related entities.
• Provide backup support if Staff Accountant is not available
• Supervise vendor’s 1099 process and administration.
• File IRS 1099 and 1096 forms annually.
• Assist in creating budget worksheets.
• Upload excel files for funding sources/programs into accounting software.
Contract and Grants Management:
Assist CFO with:
• Collaboration with program managers to prepare budget proposals for new grants and contracts and/or revisions to existing ones.
• Analysis of various grant and contract revenue and expenditure reports, making appropriate recommendations to ensure compliance with budgeted projections and grant provisions.
• Preparation of responses to questions from internal staff regarding financial statements and reports including contract and grant expenditures, status, and terms. Distribution of monthly reports to program managers and assistance in enhancing their understanding of the reports.
• Compilation and analysis of financial data for preparation of various costing, monthly, and/or quarterly reports to federal, state, and other related agencies for grant activities.
• Preparation and maintenance of documentation to support federal, state, and other related agencies’ audit inspections of financial transactions including compliance, billing, funds draw down, correspondence, grant audits and other related activities.
• Assist with cash flow projections of revenue and expenditures relative to grants and contracts.
• Work on specials projects as needed.
2. Skills and Educational Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent non-profit accounting experience.
• At least five (5) years experience in full charge bookkeeping or accounting at a non-profit organization highly desirable.
• Proficiency in MS Office software with special emphasis in Excel.
• Knowledge of MIP/Abila – fund accounting software preferred.
• Experience in processing payroll with a third party service provider preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
3. To Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume and 3 reference to HR@haciendacdc.org
4. Benefit Package
Medical, Dental, Vision, Alternative Care, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan, Employee Assistance Program, Vacation Accrual, Sick Leave Accrual, Holidays, Personal Days, and 401K.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Hacienda CDC is an equal opportunity employer
$40,000 - $48,000