Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: 3/15/2017
Type: Full Time
Ecotrust’s Office Manager is a key member of the organization’s Engagement team providing administrative and operational support to the organization. She/he serves as the primary point of contact for the organization, other businesses within the Natural Capital Center, and external visitors to the building.
Who we are: Ecotrust is powered by the vision of a world where people and nature thrive together. Since 1991, we have partnered with local communities from California to Alaska to build new ways of living and doing business. From forestry to finance, food access to green building, we work to advance social equity, economic opportunity, and environmental well-being. Together, we are making this place we live a home that we love. Learn more at ecotrust.org.
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks.
Responsibilities for this position can be broken down into the following three categories:
• Answer multi-line phone and route calls to the appropriate person
• Greet guests arriving at the Ecotrust office
• Receive and distribute incoming mail
• Prepare and send outgoing mail and express mail
• Postage meter operations
• Serve as point of contact for building tenants
• Maintain conference room calendars and schedule meetings
• Ensure the kitchen and supply room stay neat and organized
• Maintain office appearance and overall cleanliness
• Monitor office supply usage and order new supplies as needed
• Work with building management to help staff get keys, fobs, lockers, and parking spaces
• Work with building management to ensure the safety and functionality of the Natural Capital Center
• Work with HR and building management in the onboard process of building employees
• Work with HR to recruit and onboard all volunteers and interns
• Provide administrative support to Leadership Team and additional team members as requested
• Schedule and provide building tours
• Build community within the Natural Capital Center, informing tenants about relevant events, collaboration, and opportunities
• Attend Engagement meetings and provide administrative and logistical support for Ecotrust communications and events
• Prospecting government grants and contracts that relate to the different programs within Ecotrust. This includes organizing and tracking all commonly needed information for government grants.
• Applicable administrative experience
• Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for working with people
• Strong attention to detail and task management
• Strong organizational skills and time management demonstrated
• Commitment to and understanding of Ecotrust’s mission and values
• Experience working with diverse constituencies
• Experience with Microsoft Office
This is a full-time position. Ecotrust offers a full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, and disability coverage.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the project. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
Veterans' Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans' preference for this recruitment. The contact listed on the job announcement must receive all required documentation by the closing date of the recruitment.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please reach out to email@example.com in advance to request assistance.
How To Apply:
Please follow these directions closely. Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC on the Ecotrust website) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with this position’s title in the subject line by close of business on the day of the application deadline listed above. Your cover letter should clearly explain how your skills, experience, and interests fit this position.
$39,000 to $42,000 depending on experience