Business Development Intern
Columbia River Economic Development Council
Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: 4/28/2017
Industry: Business, Government, Nonprofit
Type: Part Time
The position provides support for the CREDC’s policy, economic strategy, and business development activities. This is a part-time, non-exempt position without benefits. The incumbent will typically work 10-12 hours per week for an anticipated 12-week period of time. A stipend may be offered depending on the final scope and requirements of the position.
The individual filling the position reports to the President and Directors.
1. Business Activity: Input recruitment and retention database notes, and review and recommend database adjustments to improve efficiency and alignment with Clark County’s Strategic Plan.
2. Business Visits: Support the Director of Business Development in business retention and expansion visits.
3. Target Sector Analysis: Collect industry specific data on Clark County’s strengths to inform marketing materials.
4. Skills Gap Analysis: Inventory WSUV, Clark College, and other Clark County certificate programs that align with target sectors.
5. Policy Analysis: Follow legislation related to the CREDC’s 2017 legislative agenda and report to the Policy Committee regularly on related bills and activity.
1. Bachelor’s degree or near completion of a bachelor’s degree in Public Affairs; Economics; Business Administration; or equivalent
2. Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
3. Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise judgment as well as participate in a project team
4. Some project management experience, including being detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
5. Demonstrated experience and understanding of the Washington Legislature, bill movement and tracking.
6. Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Brittany Bagent (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 28, 2017.
A stipend may be available.