Bonamici for Congress
Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: open until filled
Industry: Event Planning, Fundraising, Public Relations
Type: Full Time
Bonamici for Congress Seeks Finance Director with opportunity to grow into campaign management role
Bonamici for Congress works to reelect Congresswoman Suzanne Bonamici to the U.S. House of Representatives for Oregon’s First Congressional District.
Primary roles and responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing the campaign budget and fundraising plans
- Managing candidate call time, tracking call results, and conducting all follow up
- Building and executing local fundraising events
- Developing and executing direct mail fundraising appeals
- Scheduling and staffing candidate at events and meetings
- Conducting donor research and prospecting efforts
- Working with consultants to execute national and digital fundraising efforts and to ensure full compliance with all Federal Elections Commission regulations.
- Maintaining all administrative aspects of the office including answering phones, checking the mail, and responding to all requests in a timely manner
- Recruiting, training, and managing interns and volunteers as necessary
- Using social media to build the Congresswoman’s profile
- Other duties as assigned
The Finance Director will report to Congresswoman Bonamici’s District Director and Chief of Staff and will communicate with the Congresswoman on a regular basis. As the only full-time campaign staff person, this position requires self-motivation, the ability to work independently with limited direction, and strong time-management skills.
- Fundraising and/or campaign experience preferred
- Commitment to progressive political causes and candidates
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy, especially with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with databases (NGP VAN preferred)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Please send resume, cover letter, writing sample, and two references to email@example.com.
We are committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are encouraged to apply.
Information not posted