Global Category Marketing Manager - Lawn & Garden
Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: open until filled
Type: Full Time
Global Category Marketing Manager – Lawn & Garden | #10302
Blount International, Inc. has an exceptional Global Category Marketing Manager- Lawn & Garden opportunity at our global headquarters in Portland, Oregon.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We believe our team members are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous improvement and learning, exceptional quality, connecting with our customer, and good relationships with our team members.
The successful candidate provides leadership and direction for Blount’s OREGON Lawn & Garden Equipment product lines, including trimmer line, lawn mower blades, fuels & lubricants, and other parts and accessories as developed. Key responsibilities include: developing business strategies; developing and implementing product line plans and policies; anticipating and responding to market needs; generating and implementing new product ideas; prioritizing and driving projects and resources and removing barriers to ensure product line success. This role acts as primary champion for product line within the organization and continuously seeks to improve the product line and customer experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Establish global and regional category business and product strategies; anticipate market needs
• Develop and implement product category plans, with goals, objectives and strategies consistent with division strategic plan and objectives
• Develop and implement go-to-market priorities, as well as category wide messaging; partner with brand marketing and sales to set priorities, develop promotional plans and achieve business objectives
• Recommend and monitor pricing, set product line offering, establish safety stocks, lot sizes, etc.
• Propose programs, activities, processes and product development/upgrades to meet or exceed customer expectations, and take prompt and decisive corrective action where gaps exist to ensure product line success
• Establish and monitor budgets and targets for margins, inventory levels, and capital equipment investment to ensure product line profitability
• Use competitive product evaluation, market intelligence, production rates, capacity, forecasting, advertising, and packaging toward continual internal process improvement
• Set project priorities to ensure resources are applied to most important projects and coordinate between cross functional departments
• Monitor and regulate customer service levels to ensure improved deliveries and schedules; take prompt and decisive action where gaps exist
• Participate in developing vendor agreements, zone sales promotions, appropriation requests, long range planning process, OEM contracts, and worldwide pricing relationships
• Manage and Participate in Projects; hold team accountable for process implementation, goals and objectives and ensure continuous company communications on progress, issues, and solutions
• Provide strong leadership for the product management teams and maintain continuity between, sales, manufacturing, engineering, and marketing to maintain standardization, coordination, and reduce waste
• Ensure that the responsibilities, goals and objectives, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood
• Prepare technical, status and monthly reports; prepare presentations for management and senior leadership team
• Bachelor of Science/Arts degree in business, marketing, or engineering or equivalent experience; Master of Business Administration preferred
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 3 or more years of experience in a similar position managing a multi-faceted product line to include experienced in a multi-national or global environment
• Excellent oral and written communication, including strong presentation and business writing skills
• Strong organizational skills: ability to make priorities and balance work based on many variables
• Ability to handle many diverse projects and issues
• Must be a self-starter with strong drive
• Solve problems analytically; search out relevant information and gauge its importance when making decisions
• Effective written and oral communication skills; able to express oneself clearly and in technical and non-technical terms
• Excellent interpersonal and team building skills; active and respectful listener
• Creative thinker
• Collaborative and effective team player and able to work with teams who are globally dispersed
• Set a good example of personal integrity
• Demonstrate ability and willingness to learn; seek out development activities to improve skills and increase knowledge; learn from other team members and own mistakes
• Take initiative, seek and act on opportunities to improve organization performance
• Ability to translate specific goals into action and follow through to achieve goals
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and data management software (SAP preferred)
• Available to work on site as required by job; eligible for domestic and international travel several times per year up to two weeks’ duration
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals operating primarily in two market segments: Forestry, Lawn, and Garden (“FLAG”); and Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture (“FRAG”). Blount also sells products in the construction markets and is the market leader in manufacturing saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. We also supply original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount’s global manufacturing and distribution footprint includes manufacturing, sales, and distribution facilities in the United States, Canada, Japan, Brazil, China, and Europe. Blount offers products under the brand names OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, KOX, SpeeCo®, ICS®, and Pentruder. For more information, visit www.blount.com.
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of
Please apply online directly at www.blount.com/careers. For more information on the position, you may contact Melanie Draper, Blount Recruiter, at Melanie.Draper@Blount.com.