Senior Writing & PR Associate
Location: Portland Metro
Closing Date: open until filled
Industry: Communications, Marketing, Public Relations
Type: Full Time
SENIOR WRITING & PR ASSOCIATE
The Senior Associate is responsible for the ongoing creation of strategic written business materials including thought leadership articles, product brochures, blogs, web copy and case studies. Person must have previous experience working with complex subject matter.
The Senior Associate will support and lead ongoing execution of strategic communication programs, including but not limited to media relations, speaking and award programs, marketing communications and social media. The Senior Associate will both lead and support programs for consumer and B2B clients.
The Senior Associate position is full time and accounts for 160 hours per month.
• Developing ongoing content for clients in the form of blogs, articles, case studies, brochures, white papers and marketing collateral.
o Will be responsible for interviewing subject matter experts, preparing drafts and managing reviews.
o Must be comfortable writing for B2B clients in the technology, consulting, security and supply chain spaces.
o Must be comfortable writing for consumer-facing organizations.
o Must have solid understanding of AP-style guidelines.
• Providing day-to-day support of ongoing strategic communications campaigns
o Writing PR materials such as press releases and media pitches
o Developing media lists, speaking and award calendars and editorial calendars
o Managing ongoing media outreach
• Delivering smart counsel and recommendations to clients and team members.
• 3+ years' experience in a PR agency or corporate setting
• Strong writing skills; ability to pass a writing test
• Media relations expertise; experience working with local and national campaigns
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to support accounts and provide strategic counsel
• Ability to self-manage and be proactive
• Ability to meet deadlines and perform within tight timeframes and against client budgets
• Team player with strong work ethic
• Eligible to participate in the A.wordsmith retirement savings plan
• Eligible for A.wordsmith health plan benefits
• Eligible for A.wordsmith commission program
• PTO + paid firm holidays
• Parking, professional development and wellness stipend
Employee reports to Vice President
Salary: Depends on experience
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.