Are you searching for a career in the nonprofit or social-good sector? Do you want a job that makes an impact in your community, in the world, and in the lives of others? Are you looking for a way to make a difference while you earn a living? If so, join Mac’s List at our new quarterly networking series, Piloting Your Nonprofit Career in Oregon, hosted by the University of Portland, Pamplin School of Business.
This recurring seminar series is dedicated entirely to careers in Oregon’s social good sector. We’ll discuss pathways for finding work and building your career in a change-making organization. Learn out how to find work in Oregon’s robust, and highly-competitive, nonprofit scene. And discover about new avenues for meaningful work, made possible by the emergence of benefit corporations and other social impact enterprises.
What you’ll learn:
- Trends in the nonprofit and social enterprise sector
- Advice for looking for work in the nonprofit and social good space
- Perspectives from established leaders in the sector
- Resources to guide you on your way to making a difference in Oregon
- How to connect with interesting, socially-minded people and organizations
- Pathways for attaining the skills you need to succeed in a social good career
Who should attend?
- Professionals looking to transition into the nonprofit sector
- Current nonprofit professionals looking for new opportunities
- Students looking to embark on a social good career
- Anyone looking for a sustainable career in the the nonprofit and social good sector
- People who are passionate about organizations that Oregon (and the world) a better place
- To be announced shortly!
What to expect:
- Drinks and hors d’oeuvres to be served throughout the event
- All paid registrations include a complimentary paperback copy of Land Your Dream Job in Portland (and Beyond) or Land Your Dream Job Anywhere. (Your choice! Books to be delivered at the event.)
- 5:30-6:15 p.m. – Check-in and networking
- 6:15-7:15 p.m. – Panel discussion
- 7:15-7:45 p.m. – Audience questions
- 7:45-8:00 p.m. – Networking
- Early Bird Rate (before February 28): $20
- General Registration (after February 28): $25
- Student(requires .edu email address): $15
Space for this event is limited and will sell out. Register now to secure your space at the lowest price!