Mac’s List provides a wide range of products and services to help professionals find meaningful work. But, we don’t do everything…
We want to make sure you have all the resources you need to build the career you want in Portland (and beyond). To complement our own offerings, we’ve partnered with a select group of outside organizations also involved in job search and career management.
Below is a curated list of organizations that we love and believe can assist you in our job search.
Note: Mac’s List is an affiliate partner with several of the organizations below, and receives a commission on any sale we generate. However, we only recommend products that we use, know, trust, and totally believe in.
Awesome Portland Career Coaches
- Marsha Warner, SPHR, MS, founder of Career Factors, is a local career coach and full-cycle recruiter who collaborates with people to map a career that brings reward, meaning, and delight to life. She specializes in coaching for comprehensive career transition, and career renewal. She is a certified by Rockport Institute and has published many articles, including on Careerealism.com.
- Dawn Rasmussen is the president of the Portland-based Pathfinder Writing and Career Services and a recognized career expert on Careerealism.com, which is a top 10 world-ranked career advice blog.
- Vicki Lind is a career counselor and marketing coach specializing in creative people and those looking to find or create meaningful work in Portland’s vibrant nonprofit, educational, healthcare, and sustainable communities.
- Jenny Foss is the president of Ladder Recruiting Group and the founder of the JobJenny blog, which provides her tough love expertise on finding your passion. JobJenny also provides resources like the Weekend Resume Makeover Course.
- Aubrie De Clerck is a Certified Professional Coach and astrologer who found her dream career in starting Coaching for Clarity and now helps others find joy in their work through individualized coaching sessions and workshops.
Our Favorite Oregon Job Boards
- Idealist.org is a nonprofit that connects more than 400,000 people to the resources, community, and opportunities they need to take action and create a better world.
- The Community Nonprofit Resource Group, CNRG, is an online space where professionals can exchange ideas, learn about opportunities, and plug into the nonprofit community.
- WVDO is a member-based organization that supports and furthers commitment to nonprofit causes through information sharing, networking, job posting or placing, and professional development.
- Portland Creative List is Portland’s #1 resource for insight into our local creative industries.
Top Links for Oregon Employers
- Xenium HR provides HR and employer services to organizations with little or no HR support and manages the most successful Professional Employer Organization in Portland.
- HiringThing provides easy to use online recruiting software that streamlines communication between hiring managers, recruiters, and applicants.
Great Resources for Living in Portland
- Neighborhood Notes connects its audience to the local people, places and things that make Portland unique!
- PDX Pipeline is the top events and special promotion source in Portland, providing a monthly event calendar and a weekly newsletter every Thursday with dozens of local weekend events, specials, news, and free tickets.
- Portland Neighborhoods.com celebrates the individual flair, personality and character of the city’s real estate with intimate neighborhood profiles and weekly blogs all about living in Portland.
- Portland Pooch is the go-to guide to the Portland dog scene, providing all you need to know about doggy daycares, dog washes, every dog park in the region and more!
Programs You Need to Know About
- Encore Fellowship is a Social Venture Partners program in Portland that matches retired professionals interested in community service with nonprofit agencies for a paid one-year part-time (1,000 hour) assignment. These assignments focus on nonprofit agency capacity-building using the skills of the professional retiree (Fellow) in areas including strategy, technology, marketing, human resources, finance, operations, project management, and more!
- Rising Leaders is a Social Venture Partners Program in Portland designed for motivated young professionals in their 20s and 30s who are interested in exploring and expanding their philanthropic skills and knowledge. This program is a forum for learning, action, and leadership in philanthropy, preparing Portland’s emerging leaders to positively impact their community.
- Business for Culture & the Art’s Art of Leadership program is an intensive course designed to prepare business professionals for service on arts and culture nonprofit boards. The course consists of six half-day workshops held at different art venues and spaces around Portland, covering topics from finance to governance, and concludes with a special match-making session to help participants find board roles in organizations that fit their values and interests.
- SustainabilityDegrees.com is a resource for learning about careers, resources, and degrees in sustainability and how you can get involved in the field. The website is a project of Degree Prospects, LLC, founded in 2008 with a mission to create education-focused websites that empower students with information for developing their future.
Full disclosure: This page does include a few affiliate links. That means if you click and proceed to buy something, we can get a commission. But we promise to only recommend things that we absolutely love and truly believe in. Interested in being an affiliate partner? Send an email to Ben Forstag at firstname.lastname@example.org.