High-tech is one of the fastest growing industries in Oregon, and the number of tech jobs is expected to grow by 20 percent over the next decade. Opportunities are abundant and the compensation is great, with median salaries nearly double the state average in all other industries.
To get one of these plum gigs, you need to have the right skills. Equally important, you need to have the right approach to your job search.
We’ve assembled a panel of recruiters and talent managers from a diverse range of growing technology firms.
These hiring experts will discuss new job opportunities in the sector, the diverse skill sets they are looking for, and the best strategies for getting your foot in the door.
Whether you’re looking to transition into the technology sector–or simply want to move up the ladder in your tech career, this is the event for you. Seating for this event is limited, so register now!
- John Boone, President, ProFocus
- Lauren Espinosa, Manager of Talent, Jama Software
- Christine LaPorte, Owner, PDX Career Coach
- Raine Lunke, Director, CorSource Technology Group
- Jennifer Waldrip, Market Vice President, Portland/Salt Lake City, Kforce Inc.
What you will learn:
- The skill sets tech firms are looking for (it’s not just coders!)
- The best way to break into the technology sector.
- How tech recruiters find and vet candidates.
- How your existing experience plays in the tech job market.
- Actionable strategies for connecting with internal and external recruiters.
- Opportunities in Portland’s start-up scene.
Who should attend this event:
- Established professionals looking to break into the tech sector.
- Technology professionals looking to advance their careers.
- Professionals new to the Portland job market.
- Students exploring a career in a technology-related field.
- Anyone who wants a rewarding, in-demand job!
- 5:30pm – 6:00pm: Networking
- 6:00pm – 7:30pm: Panel presentation and audience questions
- 7:45pm – 8:00pm: Networking and wrap-up
But wait…there’s more!
- Drinks and hors d’oeuvres to be served throughout the event
- All paid registrations include a complimentary paperback copy of Land Your Dream Job in Portland (and Beyond), the complete Mac’s List guide to finding meaningful and rewarding work. (Books to be delivered at the event.)